CODE OF CONDUCT
Our social media channels are meant to be a safe space where people can express themselves, ask questions, get the latest info on the cannabis industry and stay informed on Destiny news. Members of the Destiny community can expect us to respond in a timely manner, and with the most relevant information.
To provide the best possible experience, we ask that everyone visiting our social media pages follow a few simple rules to help us make this a positive and constructive place.
1. Keep it clean: Use appropriate language and etiquette. Exchanges/remarks that include offensive or inappropriate language, i.e. profanity, obscenity or vulgarity will not be tolerated and will be deleted when possible.
2. Be courteous: Libellous, defamatory, harassing, threatening, profane language, trolling, or abusive posts will not be tolerated. All opinions will be treated with respect, so long as they give the same respect. Destiny has the right to remove anyone who does not comply with this rule.
3. No personal attacks: Extreme language or hurtful personal attacks are not ok. Our clients and community are our top priority and we reserve the right to remove anyone who participates in personally attacking a member of the Destiny community from our page.
4. Stay on topic: Our social media pages aren't a place for spam, promotional posts or repeated postings of destructive, inflammatory, or otherwise objectionable statements. We are here to support and educate in a respectful manner.
5. Be mindful: Please respect others’ privacy or publicity rights — and we promise to do the same; we never give out your personal information.
6. Get permission: Anybody posting should be above the age of majority in their Province or Territory of residence, unless the posting is by, or with the permission of, a parent or legal guardian.
We reserve the right to remove any users, posts or communications that don't comply with this Code of Conduct. We want to ensure that everyone in our community feels safe, comfortable and empowered to express themselves. We understand that social media is a 24/7 medium; however, our moderation capabilities are not. We may not see every inappropriate remark/image right away, and we are trusting in the maturity of our community to ignore negative speech or respond politely. In turn, we will not engage with users who violate this policy.